Ban single life products from your life – Bring Your Own.No more polybags for grocery shopping – Bring your own bag to the store. No more buying bisleri and aquafina disposable bottles – Bring your own water bottle.No more drinking tea, coffee and water in paper cups – Bring your own tumbler. No more sneezing in tissues – Bring your own kerchief. And demand your favorite places to start incentivizing people who bring their own.
The father of toxicology Paracelsus said “poison is in everything and no thing is without poison. The dose makes it either a poison or a remedy”. 5 actions that can help you limit the dose of potential toxins:-
- Brathe Clean air – use a mask in polluted areas or when working with chemicals.
- Drink Clean water, use a filter at home and get it maintained frequently.
- Eat Organic food, and cook at home to reduce your dose of pesticides and food preserving chemicals.
- Use the Red List to buy personal care products wisely.
- Wear Organic Clothes to limit the dose of chemicals through the largest organ of your body (skin)
And he makes some “conscious consumption” recommendations to change that :-
- Use natural resources and fossil fuels like capital, not currency.
- Prefer locally made products. Share things.
- Embrace Buddhist economics – consume with acumen, empathy, and restraint
Ask questions about why you do the things that you do. Seek answers. Then, make it a timeless practice.